Stanwell Corporation Limited
Stanwell Corporation Limited takes the issue of personal privacy seriously.
Personal information collected
We do not generally collect personal identifying information about you except when you provide that information voluntarily and in accordance with our various application forms. Once you have provided personal information, it will only be used for the purpose for it was collected or for related purposes which would reasonably be expected without your permission. More examples of how we might use your personal information and the types of organisations we might disclose your personal information to is set out in the next section "Use & Disclosure of Personal Information".
The above only relates to your personal information and does not relate to any aggregated or other information that may be developed or created internally by us, provided this other information does not identify you in any way whatsoever and therefore maintains our privacy commitment to you.
Please note that telephone conversations in Stanwell's Trading room are recorded to evidence transactions with energy counterparties. Our energy counterparties have consented to the recording of telephone conversations in the ISDA Master Agreements between us and them. We confirm that we will only use the information recorded in these telephone conversations for the purposes of evidentiary transactions with energy counterparties and will not disclose the information in the telephone recordings to anyone else, except where authorised by law or where consent has been obtained from the counterparty. Telephones at Stanwell are only recorded in Stanwell's Trading room.
Use and disclosure of personal information
It is our goal to only use the information you provide us in a manner that better provides our services to you.
In particular, we undertake not to sell, rent or trade your personal information.
We may use your personal information to:
- conduct our business and perform our internal administration operations
- maintain our records and internal reports
- maintain our relationship with you
- comply with legislative and regulatory requirements and otherwise fulfil our legal obligations
We will not disclose your personal information other than:
- as required by law (eg the Australian Tax Office)
- as authorised by law (eg to protect our interests or where we have a duty to make such disclosure)
- if you have consented for us to disclose the information about you
- to any company which is a related body corporate or joint venture of Stanwell
- to our employees, agents, and external advisers, such as lawyers, auditors, accountants and financiers
- to organisations who provide services to us in connection with our business, such as mailing operations, billing and debt recovery functions and information technology services. For example, most mail received by Stanwell is sorted, opened and scanned for electronic delivery to the Stanwell addressee by an external service provider
We take reasonable steps to ensure the organisations above are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
Personal information quality
It is our goal to ensure that your personal information is correct, accurate, relevant, timely and secure. In order for us to meet this goal would you please ensure that if there is any change to any of the details you have provided to us, you promptly advise us so that we can continue to provide the services that we have agreed. Further, if it comes to your attention that we possess certain information about you that is not correct, accurate, complete or up-to-date, then contact us and we will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information we have about you. We may require proof of your identity before changing personal records.
Personal information security
We endeavour to keep secure all personal information about you and to take all reasonable precautions to protect that information against any loss, misuse or alteration.
Access to personal information
If you request us to provide you with access to personal information we hold about you, then we will provide such information in a timely manner to you. We may require proof of your identity before permitting access to your personal records.
Changes to this Policy
Contact us about privacy
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Tel: (07) 3228 4333 between 9.00am and 4.00 pm - Monday to Friday
- writing to the address below:
The Privacy Officer
Stanwell Corporation Limited
42 Albert Street
BRISBANE QLD 4000
Last update - 1/7/2011