Explore the wide range of opportunities that Stanwell has to offer top students and graduates, whether you’re interested in working in a technical discipline, or for one of our corporate functions we have a pathway to support you in your long-term goals.
Designed to attract the best and brightest, our Graduate Program is a challenging and rewarding way to kick-start your career in the energy and mining industry.
What you can expect:
- Contribute from day one, you’ll be given real work and projects that impacts our business and contribute to our business strategy
- Opportunity to rotate geographically across Stanwell’s diverse portfolio
- You’ll receive formal training for technical and soft skill development, both relevant to your specific business area and for your personal development
- Enjoy a robust support system, you’ll have a mentor to support you throughout your program and have access to a network of highly experienced professionals to provide guidance, advice and support
- Opportunity to network with your fellow graduates, managers and executives across Stanwell
- Participate in the Professional Development Program through Engineers Australia (if applicable).
In partnership with Group Training Organisations (GTOs) Stanwell provides opportunities for youths to develop a broad range of technical and interpersonal skills.
What you can expect:
- Structured learning program allowing you to gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Hands-on experience aligned to your apprenticeship or traineeship along with classroom based training
- Enjoy a robust support program with a Stanwell mentor and your GTO Field Officer
- Opportunity to network with your fellow apprentices, Stanwell professionals and management
- Learn and participate in a safe working environment following practices in accordance with our drive to Zero Harm, where safety, security and the environment is everybody’s responsibility
- Encouragement to introduce innovative and new ideas in the workplace, especially in the area of Health Safety and Environment improvement.
Stanwell offers two (2) types of university placements; Vacation Practice and Co-Operative Engineering Programs.
These placements provide opportunities to work under the supervision of experienced professionals within their discipline.
Based on agreed learning plans and business requirements these programs include:
- Assisting with project work, plant or process investigations
- Developing asset management systems and tools
- Developing documentation or procedure updates
- Gaining valuable experience under the supervision and guidance of experienced Electrical/Mechanical Engineers and Tradespeople.