Stanwell offers a range of programs designed to complement our community involvement strategies and commitment to attract and develop people entering into their chosen discipline.
In partnership with Group Training Organisations (GTOs) Stanwell provides opportunities to develop a broad range of technical and interpersonal skills through the following:
• Structured learning program allowing you to gain a nationally recognised qualification.
• Hands-on experience aligned to your apprenticeship or traineeship and classroom based training.
• Ongoing support from a Stanwell mentor and GTO Field Officer.
• Learn and participate in a safe working environment following practices in accordance with our drive to Zero Harm.
• Encouragement to introduce innovative and new ideas in the workplace, especially in the area of Health Safety and Environment improvement.
Disciplines available within Stanwell are mechanical, electrical, warehousing operations and business administration.
Please refer to the relevant GTO for further information.
South Burnett area
P: 1300 467 235 E: email@example.com W: www.mrael.com.au
Central Queensland area
Central Queensland Apprentices and Trainees
P: (07) 4972 5709 E: firstname.lastname@example.org W: www.gagal.com.au
Far North Queensland area
P: 1300 933 358 E: email@example.com W: www.skill360.com.au
Stanwell offers two (2) types of university placements; Vacation Practice and Co-Operative Programs for electrical and mechanical students.
These placements provide opportunities to work under the supervision of experienced professionals within their field of engineering, across the diverse asset portfolio.
Based on agreed learning plans and business requirements these program can include:
• Assisting with project work, plant or process investigations.
• Developing asset management systems and tools.
• Developing documentation or procedure updates.
• Gaining valuable experience under the supervision and guidance of experienced Electrical/Mechanical Engineers and Tradespeople.
All opportunities are advertised on this website under current vacancies and through participating universities.
For further information about this placements please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a graduate you will be provided targeted development opportunities through a comprehensive learning plan to build your professional ability and obtain an in-depth understanding of Stanwell’s business.
Over the course of the program you will:
• Have opportunities to rotate geographically across Stanwell’s diverse power generation sites.
• Have access to a number of highly experienced mentors to provide guidance, advice and support.
• Participate in business critical and improvement projects.
• Receive extensive on the job training, as well as structured technical and professional development.
• Assist professionals with both project and routine work.
• Participate in the Professional Development Program through Engineers Australia (if applicable).
The available disciplines are:
• Electrical Engineering (3 years)
• Mechanical Engineering (3 years)
• Health and Safety (2 years)
• Environment (2 years)
All opportunities are advertised on this website under current vacancies.