Stanwell’s 2020/21 Annual Report released
29 September 2021
Today we are pleased to release our 2020/21 Annual Report. We have delivered strong returns to our owners – The people of Queensland.
2020/21 was a significant year for our business, we made important progress in advancing our strategic priorities and maintaining the safety and reliability of our assets.
Stanwell’s strong performance is a reflection of the capability and commitment of our employees and contractors, the strength of our systems, and the support of our business partners, communities and shareholders.
Some of our highlights include:
- Our continued focus on our safety performance resulted in a 14 per cent decrease in recordable injuries across our sites, from 14 in 2019/20 to 12 in 2020/21.
- The majority of our electricity revenue (approximately 77 per cent) came from energy contracts – not the spot market. These contracts provide revenue certainty for Stanwell and cost certainty for our customers. During the year we continued to explore new products and energy solutions with our customers.
- We provided a secure supply of electricity with 18,655 GWh sent out by our National Electricity Market-connected assets.
- A major milestone was reached in the establishment of a large-scale hydrogen industry in Central Queensland with Stanwell securing land for our proposed 3,000 MW renewable hydrogen electrolysis facility at Aldoga, 20 kilometres west of Gladstone.
- We introduced several new retail product offerings (with more in the pipeline) for our customers. Our new product offerings allow them to power their operations sustainably and meet their business’ needs.
- We invested $235 million in our power stations and mine as part of our commitment to operating efficiently and reliably.
- A dividend of $107.8 million paid to the people of Queensland.
Learn more about our achievements and results in our 2020/21 Annual Report.